Tuesday 26 January 2010

Tuesday....Fear it!

I realised today that there's something odd about Tuesdays and College. I hear your snort of derision, but hear me out:
  • Today, there had been an accident and two cars had gone off the road on a lovely tight 's' bend about 5 mins from College. Nothing odd there I hear you say, that's true-but we ended up waiting for about 10 mins while one was winched out of a ditch then got to College at about 3 mins to 9.
  • A few weeks ago (when it was really cold...remember that?) it snowed badly on a Tuesday-and College closed as a result.
  • More than a few weeks ago, our bus (which has to turn round down a one way road every journey) couldn't get reverse gear-so we were stuck there for about 10 mins while the driver attempted (successfully as it turned out) to get reverse. Result? Got to College at about 8:56.
  • Even more weeks before that, our bus actually broke down before we got to College....and as a result we were late.
And to top all of that off, the bus very very nearly broke down as we were leaving College this afternoon! 

You may be interested to know I Googled 'Tuesday', 'weird facts about Tuesday' etc, but to no avail. All this leaves me thinking that there's something sinister going on. Or perhaps I'm just waaaay overdue for a holiday...

So now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hide in a corner unless something else goes wrong. Happy Tuesday!

(Btw, if that's left you feeling bemused/paranoid/worried  then please enjoy this with my compliments: Muppets)

No comments:

Post a Comment